Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's/Carnivore's Day

Poor Jim!

Last Thursday, I got some bad news. I thought I was taking my car in to have the front brake pads changed. A couple hours later I got the phone call from the service place. By the time they were done with my car, the front AND rear pads were changed, the front rotors were turned and the back rotors were replaced! It ended up costing WAY more than we expected.

Because of the expense, I wasn't able to get all the things for Jim that I wanted to for Father's Day. He is such a great dad for our family and I wanted to express that with gifts. I guess words will have to do this year.

I really appreciate all the hard work he does to provide for us in every way. He is so patient with me and my shortcomings. He is a great example to our boys of what a man should be. He is always cheerful and helps me out with whatever I ask. He loves me and the boys unconditionally. He is so handy around the house. He is a great husband, father, brother and son.

I was able to go get the Father's Day groceries before the fiasco with the brakes so at least I can feed him like he deserves to be fed on Father's Day.


This is what he got for breakfast: Ham steak, eggs, hash browns, toast and his favorite fruits.


And he ate the WHOLE thing!


This was dinner, after church: Las Vegas Steak (Seasoned, bacon wrapped fillet from Don's Meats), Ribs (seasoned with Butt Rub (really, that's what it's called) also from Don's Meats), Roasted Red Potatoes, Grilled Pineapple, and a Salad.


This was dessert, Strawberry Cheesecake Torte. We were glad to share it with our friends because we were just too full from all the other tasty food of the day.

OK, so maybe I overdid his meat intake for the day. I'm really not trying to kill him! And he LOVED it. I guess that's what counts.

Thanks, Jim! You are the best DAD!!!

No comments: