Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Well, I have been watching the odometer very closely lately. Yeaterday, I got done with my errands and carpooling for the day and I was at 99,995 miles. So after dinner, Jim and I decided we needed to run a couple of more errands so we could witness the big 100,000. I had a long day so we went to Jamba Juice because I needed some desert and then to Lowe's to get some trim moulding for the basement (we have a project going on down there we will blog about later). Then it happened! Driving south on 2000 W in Clinton toward home the odometer changed to 100,000. We pulled over and took a picture with Jim's new G1 phone (It has a pretty good camera) and we talked about all the fun places we have been in our family car.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Well, we finally got a really nice weekend last week. It was in the lower 70's and the colors were beautiful! It was doubly great because the boys had a four day weekend. As much as I appreciate the moisture in our dry, desert climate, I very much prefer the weather we have been having the last week.
Austin riding Paratrooper
Kyle just hangin' around
Josh floating in space
Monday, October 20, 2008
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Fun, Fun, Fun!!!
3. Jim in South Carolina - Jim had a business trip last week. All I have to say about this is I wish I could have been there with him. He was in beautiful Hilton Head Island and has BORED! He forgot the camera so all I have is pictures he sent to me via picture message on my cell. I am not really sure where these pictures were taken exactly but they made me want to be there in person!
4. I also wish I was at Disneyland - Most of you know that if I could snap my fingers and be anywhere I wanted I would be at Disneyland. I havent' been in about four years and that's a long time for me. I am having serious withdrawls! Well, A dear friend of mine went last week and I pleaded with her to bring me home my favorite treat, (at least my favorite treat that could travel) The Jaw-Breaker-on-a-Stick! She teased me by sending me a picture on my cell.
Well, I think that's it. You are all caught up. I don't think I will have anything to blog about for a few days. I am fully into "Christmas Knitting" mode. Between that and finishing up the last book in the "Twilight Series" (not a huge fan but had to see how it ended), I have not had a desire to sit down in front of the computer lately. I may start a knitting blog, though. I haven't decided yet if that's something I want to do. I am sure I will let you know if I do!
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
- The weather cools off - Those of you that know me well know that I don't function well in hot weather. I would much rather be slightly cold than slightly hot. I say slightly because I am a tiny bit of a wimp if it is too cold, also. (Mostly because I have Raynaud's Syndrome which causes me to loose blood in my extremities when I get too cold or stressed) Jim makes fun of me because I only have about a 15 degree temperature range where I am comfortable. I guess that's what happens when you grow up in San Diego.
- My favorite holidays are in the next three months - I love Halloween because I love to dress up in a costume. On Halloween I can be anyone I want to be and give out treats to all my little friends in the neighborhood. I love Thanksgiving. That is usually the only time that most of the Perez side of the family can get together. I love seeing all of them and feeding them a yummy dinner. And who doesn't love Christmas? Celebrating the birth of the Savior is wonderful. I love getting together with family and friends (of course more treats and yummy dinners are involved). Now if only spring could begin on January 1st!
- My favorite colors are in the fall - We were able to visit the cabin a couple of weekends ago. when we got up there the trees were just starting to change and by the time we left the mountains were splattered with every color you could imagine! It was breathtaking!
- I can start knitting and crocheting again - Not that I ever stop but I don't knit as much in the summer and if I do it is little things like socks and dishcloths. Now that the weather is cooler I can start with the afghans and sweaters! You can also wear knitted things in the fall and winter. I love to see people use the gifts I have crafted for them!
- I can start cooking again - I love to cook almost as much as I love to eat or knit. I like to grill but there is only so much you can do on the grill. I cant wait to start roasting and baking in the oven. I love soups and stews. I love filling my home with all the yummy smells of fall!
I think those are my top five in no particular order. Leave a comment about your favorite season. If you love fall, tell me why. I am sure that is something else I also love about this time of year.