Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Favorite Time of the Year

Happy October everyone! I love fall! I can't decide which reason is my favorite but here are my top reasons I love fall:


  1. The weather cools off - Those of you that know me well know that I don't function well in hot weather. I would much rather be slightly cold than slightly hot. I say slightly because I am a tiny bit of a wimp if it is too cold, also. (Mostly because I have Raynaud's Syndrome which causes me to loose blood in my extremities when I get too cold or stressed) Jim makes fun of me because I only have about a 15 degree temperature range where I am comfortable. I guess that's what happens when you grow up in San Diego.

  2. My favorite holidays are in the next three months - I love Halloween because I love to dress up in a costume. On Halloween I can be anyone I want to be and give out treats to all my little friends in the neighborhood. I love Thanksgiving. That is usually the only time that most of the Perez side of the family can get together. I love seeing all of them and feeding them a yummy dinner. And who doesn't love Christmas? Celebrating the birth of the Savior is wonderful. I love getting together with family and friends (of course more treats and yummy dinners are involved). Now if only spring could begin on January 1st!

  3. My favorite colors are in the fall - We were able to visit the cabin a couple of weekends ago. when we got up there the trees were just starting to change and by the time we left the mountains were splattered with every color you could imagine! It was breathtaking!

  4. I can start knitting and crocheting again - Not that I ever stop but I don't knit as much in the summer and if I do it is little things like socks and dishcloths. Now that the weather is cooler I can start with the afghans and sweaters! You can also wear knitted things in the fall and winter. I love to see people use the gifts I have crafted for them!

  5. I can start cooking again - I love to cook almost as much as I love to eat or knit. I like to grill but there is only so much you can do on the grill. I cant wait to start roasting and baking in the oven. I love soups and stews. I love filling my home with all the yummy smells of fall!

I think those are my top five in no particular order. Leave a comment about your favorite season. If you love fall, tell me why. I am sure that is something else I also love about this time of year.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Fall is my favorite season too! Football, cooler weather, baking, Thanksgiving, Christmas, gift giving, Christmas music, end of the year nostalgia, General Conference, soup, and caramel apples are some of my favorite things about fall too.

Joann said...

I honestly love all the seasons. Summer...not so much, but I love all the fun you can have when school's out. I love Fall because of all the reasons you said. I love Winter because you can bundle up and drink lots of hot cocoa in front of a fire, I love Spring because everyting is brand new and it is such a relief after everyting being dead. Like I said...Summer weather, not so much