Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Things I Forgot to Blog - or - The Longest Blog Post Ever!

It feels pretty official. I really feels like Jim has completely handed over the blogging responsibilities to me. That tends to happen a lot with us. Ladies, you may know what I am talking about. You show the slightest interest in doing something and, POOF, it is now your responsibility. Maybe it's just you ladies that are married to Barber Boys, I don't know. That is a discussion for a completely different blog!

There are some things that have happened in the last month or two that have deserved to be blogged and either I was waiting to see if Jim would do it or I just got busy doing all the other things Jim thinks I can do with all that "free time" I have while he is at work. (Can you tell it's a sore subject?)
1. Braces - The two older boys got braces while I was in Louisiana. Jim took pictures with his cell phone and sent them to me

Austin got red and green bands. Christmas is his favorite holiday and his favorite colors.


Kyle got blue bands to go with everything else he has that is blue!



2. The Cabin - A couple of weekends ago, we were able to go to Jim's Uncle's cabin. We took some friends with us this time. It was a very relaxing and fun weekend. The colors were just starting to change so it was beautiful. Also, it was our friend's birthday. All Brent wanted for his birthday to do was play Rock Band, ride 4-wheelers, eat cheesecake and not work on his house that he has been remodeling for the last six months. He got his wish!

We ate at this cool new 50's diner the first night we were there. It is right at the mouth of the canyon you go up to get to the cabin. It was FABULOUS!


Brent looks like he doesnt' want to share his cheesecake but he did. He was just making faces at his kids in the birthday candlelight.




We take a family picture in this same spot every time we go up there. Rain, snow or sunshine!


Fun, Fun, Fun!!!



3. Jim in South Carolina - Jim had a business trip last week. All I have to say about this is I wish I could have been there with him. He was in beautiful Hilton Head Island and has BORED! He forgot the camera so all I have is pictures he sent to me via picture message on my cell. I am not really sure where these pictures were taken exactly but they made me want to be there in person!





4. I also wish I was at Disneyland - Most of you know that if I could snap my fingers and be anywhere I wanted I would be at Disneyland. I havent' been in about four years and that's a long time for me. I am having serious withdrawls! Well, A dear friend of mine went last week and I pleaded with her to bring me home my favorite treat, (at least my favorite treat that could travel) The Jaw-Breaker-on-a-Stick! She teased me by sending me a picture on my cell.




Well, I think that's it. You are all caught up. I don't think I will have anything to blog about for a few days. I am fully into "Christmas Knitting" mode. Between that and finishing up the last book in the "Twilight Series" (not a huge fan but had to see how it ended), I have not had a desire to sit down in front of the computer lately. I may start a knitting blog, though. I haven't decided yet if that's something I want to do. I am sure I will let you know if I do!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm glad you've taken over the blogging in the family so it will be updated more often and with bettter pictures. lol These cell phone pics are nice, don't get me wrong, but a woman's touch on a blog is always appreciated by me.

Kelly said...

I forgot to comment on the actual photos. Yay for the braces! They'll look great when it's done. The photo in the same place every time is a smart idea. You're turning in to the shortest one in the family, Aimee. I can't believe Jim was at Hilton Head and was bored.