Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sweet Ava

A couple of weeks ago, my sweet niece, Ava Rose, turned eight years old. That is a special time for kids who grow up in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. That is when it is time to get baptized! We are all so proud that she made the choice to become an official member of the church!

I was able to go down and stay with Craig and the kiddos for a few days before. It was so nice to be there and just spend time with them. I helped out around the house a little while they were at work and school. I was able to walk the girls to school and help them with hair and homework. It was nice to be able to reconnect with them after not seeing them for a couple of months. Ava is the best parts of my sister, Lisa. Her beautiful face and her love for life and everyone around her reminds me so much of what I miss about my sister.

Jim came down a few days later for the baptism and we were able to drive home together, just the two of us. It was a very quick trip for him but it was so nice to be able to spend that time in the car with him, no kids, no noise, just great conversation and an In-N-Out Burger.

It was really hard for me to leave but there are so many people who love, pray for and care for that family. It was nice to meet Chloe and Ava' s friends. They are all such cute girls! I know they are in good hands. I know there are people in the neighborhood and at church who look out for them.

And if knowing that is not enough, I know that I am welcome to go and visit anytime I want!

No comments: