Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Look What I Can Do!

Kyle put Sunflower seed shells down the garbage disposal on Monday which clogged it up. I took the pipes apart to fix the clog and found that whoever installed the disposal 10 years ago did it wrong. The gasket between the disposal and the pipe leading out was completely bent and cracked so I couldn't get it back together without it leaking. I went to Home Depot (one of my favorite stores) to see if they had a new gasket. They don't sell that part. That is something that comes with the disposal. Needless to say, I had to buy a whole new disposal. I spent the afternoon installing it by myself and it actually worked! I am so proud of myself!

And just so you know, on Monday, I fixed 5 sprinkler heads!

1 comment:

Joann said...

I am so impressed. I couldn't do that! When we needed a new disposal, I had to call Mike in. And the sprinkler heads? Wow!