Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Field of Dreams

This winter has seemed longer than others and I was very anxious for what I consider the first day of spring - Opening Day!  Here in the Salt Lake valley we have a beautiful minor league ball park.   After much begging and pleading (from me) we went to a game on opening weekend. It was typical Utah spring weather. We got some sunshine, some wind, some rain and there was still snow covering the mountains.

We like to get to the ball park a bit early so we can enjoy the atmosphere. That day was a day game and we decided to get there early enough to have lunch. We had just settled in with our food when a man from the Bees staff tapped Jim on the shoulder. He asked if one of our boys was 14 or older and would like to be the Honorary Bat Boy for that game.  Well, if any of you know Kyle, you know that he LOVES baseball (for further proof, look here and here)  It was a no brainer.  We HAD to let him do it!  So they wisked him away, changed him into baseball pants and a cheesy t-shirt and sat him right next to the dugout.  He had to really hurry because they announced his name over the P.A. and put his face on the scoreboard!  (We were surprised so the pictures aren't that great)  I think I was just as excited about it as he was.  He loved being right there in the action.  Here are a few pictures from the day:

1 comment:

Greg said...

Aimee that is so fun! I am trying to convince Greg that the girls are old enough to go to at least part of a game this year (I used to go all the time to the Trappers games). I love the pictures!